Ok. After years of deliberation, I woke up this morning and decided to delete my FaceBook account - for good - this time. I was on near the founding of FaceBook but decided it was too public and got off. That was several years ago. Then, when the company I was a consultant for encouraged us to put ourselves and our businesses on FaceBook, I found out how very easy it was to hop back on the FaceBook train. You see, FaceBook never really, entirely deletes your account when you do. They know you can't take it; you'll be back on. You'll yearn to know if Betty has baked another loaf of her fabulous banana bread or if Donna has planted a new veggie in her garden. You cannot sleep another night without knowing if Marina's baby made a big poopy today. So, to save themselves a whole lot of trouble and to make it very easy for you, they never completely delete your account.
So, I'm still on FaceBook, but to make it much easier for me to type as much as I want without driving my FaceBook friends crazy with multiple daily posts, I got this blog. Here, what you read is what you get, and, if don't agree with me, you don't have me in your face every day, when you log in to FaceBook. Oh, don't worry, I'll still post fabulous photos of my homemade bread, etc., on FaceBook. But, here, I think I'll write.....hmmm.....maybe more than write. We'll see. :o)
I initially thought blogging was a TERRIBLE idea. Why in the world would you want to give the whole world the key to your diary?! Today, I realized I don't have to write EVERYTHING in my blog. Wow. -a revelation. So, as terrible as I was about writing in my diary as a girl, I'll try to blog a few times a week. Probably because I didn't get enough sleep, but I am awake and too tired to be truly productive like washing my dog or something.
For now, have a great week!
Angie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment