Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Change?

I've been thinking a lot lately, and praying, about whether or not not God wants me to stay in the same ministry I've been in for several years now, or if He wants me to do something else.  It could be that it's time for a change, and that's not bad.  Usually, I am a creature of habit and do not like a lot of changes.  That got me to thinking, for some reason, about marriage.  

You see, I think I'm learning that I have to keep praying about what ministry God wants me to be in this upcoming school year.  Maybe, He is wanting me to do something different.  So, I need to constantly take the time to "update" my info from Him.  Do I stay here - do I go there and help.  Do I continue to be an AWANA Leader and help in Sunday School, or should I do something totally different now?  Maybe I should volunteer at the coffee bar in our church on Sunday mornings or help with the ministry that feeds the homeless in the park on Sunday afternoons.

Oh yes, where was I?  I found a correlation between staying "updated" about where God wants me to minister and marriage.  It led me to thinking about how I've watched and listened to friends who have been married for about 35 - 50 years.  One couple particularly comes to mind; they have been married over 50 years and are in their 80's.  Wow!  Huh?  It's not automatically easy for them, because they've been married so long.  They still have to work at it:  They have to continue forgiving each other, continue listening to each other, and continue showing each other some grace.  They still get angry with each other, but they forgive or work it out.  They don't give up.  They still need God's Help with their marriage after half a century!  They still have to work at their marriage after half a century!  That's why they've been married so long!  They are such an inspiration to me, because they still have to work at their marriage after 50 years!  I reiterate:  Wow!  I've got so tickled listening to them before, because they still have "moxie"!  They're still individuals, with their owns minds; they just work together on their marriage.  Cool - huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment